July Tri Polish Challenge - Day 1

My goodness, I can't believe it is that time again.  I've been working so hard and lost track of time, I thought the challenge started next week, just as well I was a bit more organised than usual.

My chosen polishes for this month are:

Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream
Barry M Cyan Blue
Barry M Mint Green

More details after the break.

A rising trend at the moment is the hourglass nail.  I started with a base of Nina French white then painted half my nail with either Mint Green or Blueberry Ice Cream.  Once this had dried I took a Nailene silver striper brush and painted a line down the middle of each nail, flaring out the line at the top and bottom to create a gentle hourglass shape.  Think I'll need to practice this one a bit more as getting the lines to curve properly and matching up the flare at each side was quite difficult.

I have a long list of designs I would like to try out with this colour combination but I have to narrow it down to 3 for the other days of the challenge.  I've been having a look at some other challenges to try out so there may be quite a few posts coming up over the next couple of weeks (if I can get myself organised).

To see what everyone else has come up with this month click on a link below:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food