Nail Art for Holi

The Hindu spring festival of Holi will be celebrated on 24 March 2016.  It is also known as the festival of colour and part of the celebrations for this festival involve throwing brightly coloured perfumed powder.

Taking this as inspiration I created this nail art look:


More details after the jump.



I started with a base of Nina French White and covered this with a coat of Essie Matte About You to create a rough surface to give the powder in the next step something to hold on to.  Once this had dried I brushed on eye shadow from MUA's Poptastic eye shadow palette. I added a coat of Seche Vite over the top of this and sprinkled on more eyeshadow powder.

If I was wearing this look out I would have added another coat of topcoat to seal and smooth the design.  Overall I'm happy with the way this look turned out, but I think I might be on the lookout for brighter eyeshadow colours I can use in future nail art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food