August Tri Polish Challenge Day 2

For day 2 of the August Tri Polish Challenge I had a go at painting with polish rather than my usual go to acrylic paint.

More details after the jump.

My chosen polishes for this month are:

Yellow - NYC - Lexington Avenue
Red - Sally Hansen - Honeymoon Red
Green - Nina - Anaconda Like It

I started with a base of Anaconda Like it and used a nail art brush to paint on Lexington Avenue around the edge of the nails.  On top of Lexington Avenue I painted a little bit of Honeymoon Red and added a series of closely positioned black dots to create a flower effect.  These polishes all dried quite quickly so not the best for painting with as they were quite thick, but I like the overall effect.  Everything was topped off with a layer of Nina Super Dry Top Coat.

To see what the other bloggers have created for day 2 of this month's challenge click on a picture below:


Comments

  1. It looks fantastic, very bold and unique! I always find that my polish chips off when I use acrylic paint, does that happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Once I have painted the base colour in polish I add a layer of fast dry top coat. Once that has dried I paint on the design using acrylic paint then I cover everything in another layer of top coat. I've had a few manis last a whole week before chipping using this method.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I like the combination of colours very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food