MSMD Monday - Emily's Army

I took a few of my nail things with me when I went away on holiday recently.  As we were staying with friends it made it easy to set up a little nail station and start painting to get us all ready for a night out.

While we were away we went to see a young American band called Emily's Army on the last night of their UK tour at the Garage in Islington, London.  I was inspired by the album artwork for their latest album Lost at Seventeen and translated this into a bit of nail art. Emily's Army - Lost at Seventeen Artwork

Details and more pictures after the break.
This was quite a simple look created with Barry M Gelly Blood Orange and black acrylic paint.  I used a 17 Glitter Top Coat for the sparkle and sealed everything with a generous coat of Nina Super Dry Topcoat.  While the topcoat made the nails last the best part of a week the shine and glitter made it really difficult to get a decent picture of the broken heart nail art.  This was done freehand and I was really quite proud of how well it turned out.

I chose a simpler design for my right hand.

While I was on a roll I even did my son's nails too.  My son is 19 and really into the rock star look so quite likes having his nails done with interesting designs. You may even see more of his nails in the near future.
The gold star was stamped using an image plate from Claire's and Barry M Gold Foil.

To see what the other Nail Tarts have been up to click on a link below:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food