33 Day Challenge - New Technique

It took me a little while to think of something I hadn't already tried and then I realized I hadn't used the saran wrap technique.  This was really easy to do and I rather like the look of the finished effect so I think this will be one I will be using quite a bit in the future.

More details after the jump.

After watching a few videos I wasn't sure if I should remove the wet polish from the nail with the crumpled up saran wrap or apply the polish to the nail with it.  I decided to try both.

I started with a base of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Once that was completely dry I painted a coat of Barry M Gold Foil on top and pressed a crumpled up ball of saran wrap (or cling film if you are in the UK) over the top while the polish was still wet.  I did one nail at a time rather than painting all my nails and then going over with the saran wrap so I could work while the polish was as wet as possible.

Once the gold polish had dried I applied Beauty UK Voodoo to a crumpled ball of saran wrap and dabbed it on each nail to add an extra splash of colour. I covered every thing with a coat of Nina Super Dry Top Coat to blend the colours together a bit more and I was really pleased with the finished effect.  I think this technique might be good for creating a tortoise shell effect but I may have to invest in a couple of more polishes first to get the right colours.

To see what the other bloggers created click on a link below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food