40 Great Nail Art Ideas - New Year

The prompt for this week is New Year. In the North East of Scotland when things get cold, a lot of the celebrations seem to involve setting things on fire.  New Year, is no exception.  In a village called Burghead on the Moray coast there is a tradition called 'Burning of the Clavie' which happens on 11 January (New Year on the Julian calendar).  More information can be found here: http://www.burghead.com/clavie/

This is what I have based my design on for this prompt.



More details after the jump.

I started with a base of Orly Liquid Vinyl.  Over this I added Spa Rituals Intention and Fire and China Glaze Bring on the Bubbly.  I coated all this with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

Next on my ring finger I painted a coat of nail foil adhesive. Once this had set I applied gold and red foil, then covered this with foil varnish. I then painted on the Clavie with black acrylic paint and coated this with Beauty Secrets Gold glitter top coat.

To see what the other artists have created for this prompt click on a link below:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food