Charlotte Rhead Inspired Nails

For inspiration I headed to our local library.  I grabbed a few big art books off the shelves and proceeded to flick my way through them sketching ideas as I went along.  One of the books I picked up was about ceramic artists of the 20th Century and a number of designs caught my eye.  For this look I have taken an element and the colours from a design by the artist Charlotte Rhead.  However I have not been able to find a picture of this design online to show you the source material.  However as there were other elements from this particular design I want to have a go at there will be more details in a future post.


More details after the break.



The base of this design is Barry M Gelly Blue Grape with the black and white detail added using Claire's Nail Art brushes/pens.  Everything is finished off with Nina Super Dry Topcoat.

This was a nice simple but effective Art Deco look.  As my nails have quite a curve to them getting the horizontal stripe on the accent finger was a bit tricky.


Loading InLinkz ...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food