June Tri-Polish Challenge Day 4

I'm really pleased with the way this look turned out for day 4 of the June tri-polish challenge.


My chosen polishes for this month are:

Red - OPI - Quarter of a Cent-Cherry
Pink - OPI - Suzi & The Lifeguard
Purple - Barry M - Gelly - Prickly Pear

More details after the break.


I started with a pink base and applied a coat of Nina Super Dry top coat to make sure it was completely dry before moving on to the next step.  I then applied striping tape to each nail and covered everything with red polish.  I waited a couple of minutes before removing the striping tape to help keep the nice clean lines.

Next I added the purple flowers using the brush from the polish bottle.  I went over each flower twice to get better coverage and hide the lines underneath.  The detail on the flowers was added with a Claire's black nail art striping brush.  Everything was covered in another coat of Nina Super Dry top coat to smooth everything over.

This marks the end of this month's tri-polish challenge.  I'm looking forward to the July challenge as its blue, blue and green - might take me a while to choose the polishes for this one.

Please check out the great designs the other girls have created by clicking on a picture below.



Comments

  1. I love that purple, and the roses are gorgeous. I don't seem to have the patience for taped manicures very often, but I adore the crispness of the lines it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the mix of stripes & flowers, it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colours you've used here because purple isn't often used for flowers but it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food