2015 31 Day Challenge - Day 1 - Follow a Tutorial

A new year and a new start.  I don't think I have actually painted my nails since my last blog post, I've been so busy with work.  However, just recently I have spoiled myself and bought a few new polishes with the idea that I would get back to blogging.

What better way to get back into things than taking on a challenge, so here goes The Crumpet's Nail Tart's 31 Day Challenge 2015.  Day 1 - Follow a Tutorial.


How cute is this little guy?  I found him on the She Who Does Nails blog.  A seasonal design to start off the challenge and I really liked this cute little penguin. 

More details after the jump,


I started with a base of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  To make sure the colours didn't mix I covered this with a layer of Color Club top coat.

Next I added China Glaze White on White with a large dotting tool for the eyes, this helped with the placement of the white 'tummy' section of the penguin as it set out the space needed for the head and kept the proportions right.  The tummy was painted on using the polish brush.

Once this had dried I used a very fine dotting tool to add the beak and a big dotting tool to add the feet with Barry M Gelly polish in Satsuma.  To finish off I used a small dotting tool to add China Glaze Liquid Leather to the eyes

On my other nails is a base of Model's Own Blooboo with China Glaze White on White added with different sized dotting tools.

To see what everyone else has done for day 1 check out the links below:





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food