Funky Friday Nails - Comic Book

This week I thought I would have a go at recreating the look from these Model's Own Wah Nails wraps.  Obviously mine don't look as neat and professional as the wraps which, are based on the most popular designs from the Wah Nails Salons, but I was still pleased with how they turned out.


More details and pictures after the jump.
This design took ages to do and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to approach it, but I knew I had to have a go.


I started with 2 coats of colour on each nail - Barry M Bright Red on my thumb (centre) and working clockwise from the top left Barry M Cobalt Blue, NYC Lexington Yellow, Barry M Spring Green and 17 Tropical Island.

Once the base had dried I used a Claire's white 2 way nail art pen/brush to add the flash at the top of each nail and waited for that to dry.  Next I stamped with Black Konad polish onto the white with images from Cheeky plate CH47 to get the words.  As I'm really bad at writing with my left hand I would not be able to re-create this on my right hand if I did the writing freehand so the stamping offered a workable alternative.

To finish off the look I drew a jagged edge around the white with a black Barry M Nail Art pen and used a dotting tool and Barry M Matt White for the dots.  This was the first time I had used the pen and I was very impressed with how well the paint applied from the nib of the pen and how thin the line was.  I'll definitely be finding more designs to use this with.  There were a few places where the white didn't fit the design so after the lines had been drawn I went back in with a small nail art brush and the original base colours to tidy things up.  Finally everything was covered in China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

I'll need a lot more practice before I'm as good as the wonderful artists at Wah Nails, but everyone has to start somewhere.


Comments

  1. I'd be really pleased if I could do this even half as well as you've done, really lovely manicure! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd recommend giving this look a go to everyone. I have quite shakey hands but the nail art pen made it so much easier to get straight lines.

      Delete
  2. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food