May Tri-Polish Challenge Day 1

A little 80s inspired look for the first day of the May Tri-Polish Challenge.


More details after the jump.


For the May Tri-Polish Challenge I have chosen Barry M Cobalt Blue and Bright Red and China Glaze Elephant Walk.

The base for this look is two coats of Cobalt Blue, but this is quite an opaque polish so you might be able to get away with one coat.  Once the blue was dry I used a cut down striper brush to add the Bright Red stripes and a dotting tool for the grey dots using Elephant Walk.  I got advice on cutting down the brush from this Robin Moses tutorial video. I would like to be able to paint finer details and I have invested in some acrylic paints, but I think I'll need to get a bit of practice with them before I start posting pictures.

To check out the looks the other bloggers have created for Day 1 of this month's challenge click on a picture below.

Comments

  1. Love this 80's inspired mani :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There was something about this colour combination that just screamed 80s to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food