40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food

I'm playing catch up at the moment and this is the prompt for 2 weeks ago, which was food.

I wanted to do something a little different so I created a design inspired by the secret rainbow cakes.  Those cakes that are covered in plain icing and look quite simple until you cut into them and the sponge inside is a rainbow of colours, sometimes layered and sometimes swirled.  I went with the swirled option.


More details after the jump.



I started with a base of Barry M Pearl on all the nails and covered this with a coat of Seche Vite to give a good base to work on. This is a slight twist on the standard white as it is one of the Silk range and has a great frosted shimmer.

For the cake slice on the accent nail I created a drag marble on a silicone mat (Bundle Monster Lotus Mat) using the following Barry M colours - Bright Red, Mango (orange), 322 Boots Limited Edition 2013 (yellow), 321 Superdrug Limited Edition 2013 (green), Cyan Blue and Bikini (purple).  Once the polish had dried I peeled it off the mat and cut out a triangle to create a decal.  I added a coat of Beauty Secrets Top Coat and applied the decal over the top.  I covered this with a coat of Seche Vite to merge all the layers together and seal everything.

To see what the other nail artists created for this prompt click on the links below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi