31 Day Challenge Day 17 Glitter

I thought I should have a mani with a bit of colour, after yesterday's monochrome.  This is what I came up with:

More details after the jump.

I started with a base of two coats of Nina French White.  Next I drew on the black lines with a nail art striper brush/pen from Claire's.  This is a bit more raised than acrylic paint so provides a better barrier to contain the glitter polish for the next step.  I added glitter polish in various colours to the diamond shapes on the nail to create a pattern.  The polishes I used were:

Green Glitter - Beauty UK Posh Polish Mermaid
Red Glitter - Barry M Red Glitter
Blue - Barry M Blue Glitter
Magenta - Barry M Magenta Glitter
Gold - Barry M Gold Glitter
Silver - Barry M Silver Glitter

I had to apply two coats of the glitter polishes to get the block of colour I wanted.

To see the sparkly creations of the other bloggers for Day 17 of the challenge click on a link below:

Comments

  1. I loved the diamond shape (; Great work (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand glitter, but you know, I don't hate this. I actually quite like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food