31 Day Challenge Day 21 Inspired by a Colour and Blog Your Heart Out

This has to be one of the favourite polishes in my collection and blue is my favourite colour.  I wanted to create something simple and delicate.

More details after the jump

This look is created with two coats of China Glaze Frostbite as a base and dots added with my smallest dotting tool and NYC Aqua Mystic.

This is the start of the "Inspired by a.." section of the challenge and I thought this would be a good place to thank TBellew for giving me the Blog Your Heart Out Award see the details here.  The questions for this seem to fit with this theme.  

As the Liebster Blog Award takes a bit more work to complete I will be doing the post for this at the end of the month when I have a bit more time.  I really appreciate people taking the time to look at and nominate my blog for things so I want to give it my full attention, rather than just rushing off anything. 

Right on with the questions:

1. What/who encouraged you to start blogging?
My satellite dish was smashed up and I no longer had a tv signal to the house.  I couldn't afford to get it fixed or buy a new one so I sought refuge in the internet instead.  I found nail art tutorials on You Tube and this led to reading blogs as well.  I like to write (I know I ramble on a bit) and a few friends have blogs (not nail art or beauty related) so I thought I would give it a go too.  It's also a nice quiet activity I can do when I'm still awake at 3:00am!

2. How did you choose what topic(s) to blog about?
Quite by accident.  I had a bit of a nail disaster after trying out some nail polish for the first time in many years and ended up with horribly stained nails.  To keep my nails covered I bought a few bottles of polish.  This escalated rapidly and influenced by aforementioned tutorials I bought some nail stamping plates and nail art brushes.  I love working with colour and as this was becoming an obsession so I thought why not document it. I also have plans to train as a professional nail tech so this helps to build a portfolio.

3. What is something that most people don't know about you?
I love to dance and given the right situation I'm not that bad at it.

4. What three words describe your style?
Quirky, colourful, different

5. What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
Going to music concerts, films, theatre and stand up comedy with my son.  Listening to loud music, BBC Radio 4 and reading books.  Watching sci-fi and action films and detective series or other interesting tv programmes (obviously these days it is over the internet or on DVD and while painting my nails).

Blogs you should check out:

To see what the other bloggers have created for day 21 of the challenge click on a link below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food