31 Day Challenge Day 23 Inspired by a Movie

Phew, having a bit of a blogging frenzy this weekend.  As you may have noticed I am also taking part in the 33 Day Challenge organised by the Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  There are only 3 posts a week for this and a small overlap with the 31 Day Challenge but I thought I should stretch myself a little bit.  Hopefully this will inspire me to come up with some new and original designs.

My chosen movie for day 23 of the 31 Day Challenge is Despicable Me 2.  Everyone has had a go at painting Minions, but these little guys are just too cute not to try at least once.



More details and pictures after the jump.



You may have noticed these haven't been painted on my nails.  They were painted on my son's nails (at his request).  One of the benefits of being a uni student (he's 20) is you can wear whatever you want, including nail polish.                                                                         

This look has been created with a mixture of polish and acrylic paint.  I probably used more polish for this than I usually would for such an intricate design but I'm really pleased with the result.  Also because I was painting someone else's nails I could do both hands.



I painted Minions over all the nails but one got so badly smudged I replaced it with a blue nail (Barry M Gelly Blue Grape) with a G for Gru Industries painted on with white acrylic paint.

As my son has hypermobile joints in his hands he finds posing quite difficult and subsequently this made getting pictures a bit difficult, especially as the top coat is super shiny.  However, I hope you can see enough detail to appreciate what has been painted.



On all the other nails I started with two coats of Nina French White and a coat of Nina Super Dry Top Coat.  The good Minions were then painted on in NYC Lexington Yellow and the evil Minions in Model's Own Pukka Purple.  Next I used my largest dotting tool to add a silver dot for the rim of the Minions' goggles and smaller dotting tools to add white and black dots in acrylic paint for the eyes.  All the other details were painted on using acrylic paint.  Everything was covered in a coat of Nina Super Dry Top Coat.

This was lots of fun to do and I hope you like it.

To see what the other bloggers have created for day 23 of the challenge click on a link below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food